Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It’s Something Unpredictable - Even For Me

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time – (Green Day)

My blog, Model T Stock Trends, debuted September 23, 2009 and this is 118th post.  I started the blog three months after I was downsized and cast into the worst job market of our generation.  The purpose for the blog was to keep my writing and analysis skills sharp while I sought employment and to put these skills on display to potential employers.

I found a job, but the blog was not a factor.  I thought the blog would end at that point, but my readers encouraged me to continue writing, so I did.  I was recruited away for another job within a year. The blog was not a factor again, but I kept writing. And you kept reading. The blog has received over 62,000 total hits, with a monthly high of 3,059 in October 2012.

I have spent the past four years analyzing the economy, forecasting outcomes and writing about it.  And now someone has hired me to do economic analysis, forecasting and to write about it.  I am the new Vice President, Commercial Vehicles at FTR (Freight Transportation Research).  FTR is the leading freight analysis and forecasting firm in the transportation industry.  FTR was named winner of the 2012 Best Overall Forecast by the Chicago Federal Reserve.  It is an honor to be working with an organization of such
prominence.

Due to my new position, I have made the decision to suspend postings of Model T Stock Trends for now.  I will be blogging for FTR and there are some business issues to work out.  I may be able to resume posting at some point down the road.

I will continue to publish my humor blog, “Ake’s Pains”.  If you are on my mailing list and read the Model T Stock Trends but do not read Ake’s Pains, check the e-mail for instructions.

I cannot thank my loyal readers enough.  You kept reading, I kept writing, and as a result something great happened.  You have contributed so much to my success and I appreciate it immensely. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Don! So glad for your success!
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job ... sorry about this blog ending but can see it's necessary. All the best.
    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete